Monday, August 24, 2009

YOUR Mortgage Minute -- August 24, 2009

Good Morning,
I hope that your Monday is off to a great start. School is back in session in most of the country now and Fall is just around the corner -- a great time of the year!
In the Markets this morning, Mortgage Bonds are still facing some tough overhead resistance after failing to break above a key level on Friday. In the absence of Bond friendly news or a Stock market decline, pricing could continue to worsen before improving.

There are no economic reports due for release today, but the rest of the week's reports will give investors a broad view of the economy. In addition, the Treasury Department is going to auction off $109 Billion in Securities on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, which could certainly move the market.

I recommend floating for now, but be ready to lock should prices continue to drift lower. I will certainly keep you posted if the situation changes. In the meantime, I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day and if there is ever anything that I can do for you, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment