Thursday, August 20, 2009

YOUR Mortgage Minute -- August 20, 2009

Good Morning,
I hope that your Thursday is off to a great start.

In the Markets today, Bonds received a boost higher this morning, but the improvement was halted by a strong ceiling of resistance at the 200-Day Moving Average.

Helping boost Bonds was the Initial Jobless Claims report, which came in higher than expected after a string of better-than-expected reports recently. The news was a bit sobering, showing the labor market remains weak. Also in the news, the volatile Philly Fed Index showed the first manufacturing increase in a year and the highest reading since November 2007.

Currently, prices are facing tough ceilings of resistance. And with the Treasury Department's announcement this morning of next week's auctions, the risks of floating are greater than the rewards. Therefore, I recommend LOCKING if you are closing in the next couple of weeks. I will continue to monitor the situation for you. If any changes are warranted, I will certainly let you know.
In the meantime, I hope that you have a great rest of your day. If there is ever anything that I can do for you, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment