Friday, December 4, 2009

YOUR Mortgage Minute -- Letter to Clients, December 2009

I hope that this note finds you well and enjoying a truly rewarding holiday season so far this year. As we approach the end of 2009 and look towards 2010, I wanted to take just a moment to reach out to you as your trusted mortgage advisor and let you know of a potential extra tax deductible incentive available to you, if you happen to itemize your deductions on your tax return. That incentive is to pay your mortgage payment for January 2010 so that it is received by our office on, or prior to, 12/31/2009.

As you may recall, the mortgage payment due for January 2010 would include interest for the month of December 2009, as mortgage interest is always paid one month in arrears. By paying it this year, you'll have 13 months' worth of mortgage interest to write off for calendar year 2009. You can apply this same prepayment opportunity with a vacation or second home too. Many clients have used this opportunity to pay extra to another creditor in January, since the mortgage payment has already been made for the month. Whatever choice you make, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this option. I really appreciated the opportunity to partner with you on our mortgage and this is just yet another way that I will say “thank you” for allowing me to be of help to you.

As always, if you have any questions about this email, or just want to say "Hello", I'm always here to serve you. Thanks again for your loyal business and referrals. If there is ever anything that I can do for you, please let me know. In the meantime, here’s to a terrific 2010 for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment