Tuesday, March 31, 2009

YOUR Mortgage Minute -- March 31, 2009

Good Afternoon,

Mortgage Bonds are trading slightly higher so far today, and Stocks are looking to rebound after yesterday's sell off.

Here's an interesting note on the unlikelihood of rates moving much lower - last Friday, Jack Koskinen, interim chief executive of Freddie Mac, said that home loan rates are near the bottom and that any further decreases will be small.

The Chicago Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) came in slightly lower than anticipated, actually registering the worst number in 29 years. Consumer Confidence arrived at 26.0, an improvement over last month's read but a bit lower than expectations of 28.0.

For now, I will continue to recommend floating. Certainly, if anything changes I will let you know. I hope that the rest of your day is great. If there is ever anything that I can do for you, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment